We are looking for a talented Fabrication Shop Inspector to join a growing fabrication team! The Ideal Fabrication Inspector will have prior experience in a custom fabrication shop environment.
INSPECTOR JOB DUTIES:
- Inspects all parts to customer specifications.
- Reads and interprets inspection manuals, blueprints, engineering drawings, and specifications to determine inspection method, procedures and allowable tolerances.
- Examines parts for defects such as: poor welds, cracks, finishes, stress, and fatigue marks.
- Calculates allowable dimensional deviations and utilizes knowledge of shop math.
- Verifies configuration of component parts and location of fastener holes, using check fixtures and measuring instruments. Inspects welding, heat treating, bonding, brazing, and machining of parts for conformance to specifications.
- Observes or conducts testing of parts to ensure that functional performance and physical characteristics conform to fabrication standards and specifications, using testing and measuring equipment.
- Accepts or rejects parts and records inspection results.
- Complete correlating paperwork for each job as required/requested.
- Discusses inspection and test results with quality assurance, production, and engineering personnel. May also review inspection results prepared by other inspectors.
- Review job traveler for start date and respective delivery times. Also, must communicate traveler information when changed in order to ensure on-time delivery.
- Throughout shift, continuously perform in-process checks on fabrication tac welds.
- Inspection: 2 years in a fabrication or machine shop setting (preferred)
- Will train the right individual that previous custom welding/fabrication/machining experience wanting to get into inspection.
1st SHIFT: Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm
2nd SHIFT: Monday-Friday 3:30pm-1:30am
WAGE: Based on experience and skill set
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org